Friday, June 14, 2013

So... Progress?

I just finished baking cupcakes for a soccer party. While I was doing this, here's what the kids would have been doing last month:

Watching movies. Lots of them.

Today?

Zoen was playing in the sink. My kitchen may be utterly soaked, (namely because the kid learned to use the sprayer). He's still playing in the sink, but since I want to complete this post without interruption, I'll let him stick his entire head under the faucet and shake like a puppy.

He's um... learning?

The three big kids decided to play zoo. Lexi tried charging me money for admission despite the fact that I was merely attempting to cross their zoo to head to the bathroom. She said that it's a toll-zoo. I'm admiring her entrepreneurial spirit.

(Also, entrepreneur is a REALLY hard word to spell if you're not used to writing it).

Zoen is now sticking his feet into the sink. I'm caught between worrying for his safety and admiring his ridiculous flexibility. 

The middles abandoned the zoo to create their own "cupcakes" out of pipe cleaners and spare wrappers. 

This morphed into drawing all over their arms and legs with markers in order to give themselves super powers. No, I don't quite see the transition in thought there, either. But they're powered up and "baking" away. 

Lex is creating monsters out of various craft objects. 



And no one has asked to watch a movie once.  

I suppose it's kind of like when you start a diet, all you can think about is nachos. NACHOS NACHOS NACHOS.  Then by week 2, you're kind of over the nachos and those little dehydrated apples taste pretty amazing. 

(OK, this has never happened to me, ever... BRING ON THE NACHOS. But alas, so I've heard...)

They asked for TV all the live long day in the beginning. Now? Not so much. We're making progress, folks. Progress. 

Now, I have to go fish the toddler out of the sink. 

No comments:

Post a Comment